ISIS USB Software
It is now possible to install ISISplus software and the Linux OS on a console using a USB memory stick. This is probably the easiest way to upgrade Mentor consoles, as there is no CD drive.
To install ISIS or/and Linux from a USB Memory Stick, you must execute the following steps:
On a Windows© computer:
- Insert the ISIS CD Rom
- Go to the 'Floppy' directory
- Prepare a floppy disk in the drive
- Execute the BOOTUSBCD.EXE file: this will create a bootable floppy disk
- Insert the USB Stick (Note: The USB Stick must be formatted with FAT or FAT32 file system)
- Copy the USB_ISIS.ZIP file to the USB Stick - this should either be in the root of the memory stick, or in a directory named USB_ISIS (as you prefer)
On the ISIS Target console:
- Insert the newly created floppy disk
- Power on the console¹
- When prompted to connect the target device, plug in the USB Stick and press ENTER
- After the final booting operation, you will be able to install Linux or ISIS as required
¹ Note: Many computers/consoles do not boot properly if the USB Stick is plugged in during initial power on. We suggest waiting until prompted before inserting your USB Stick.